Abacus Insights, a leading data integration and interoperability platform, has been making news in 2020.
- In June, Abacus Insights announced it had raised “$35 million in series B financing to help health plans liberate data, enabling consumers to make better health choices and their providers to offer more informed recommendations.” The company’s latest round of financing “was led by new investor, Blue Venture Fund, and joined by returning investors CRV, .406 Ventures, Horizon Healthcare Services Inc., and Echo Health Ventures, a strategic collaboration of Cambia Health Solutions and Mosaic Health Solutions.”
- In July, Abacus Insights announced its certification as a “Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Qualified Entity, part of the federal program aimed at using data to improve provider quality and health outcomes for patients.”
- In August, the company was named to the 2020 CB Insights Digital Health 150, which “showcases the 150 most promising private digital health companies in the world.”
In October, Abacus Insights Doctrepreneur, CEO and Founder Minal Patel joined the Geneia podcast to discuss his career in healthcare, how interoperability improves healthcare decision-making for patients, physicians and health plans, and the role of Abacus Insights in advancing interoperability.
Among the questions he answered are:
- Why did you choose a career in healthcare?
- How has your training and tenure as a physician influence the work you do today?
- What’s not wrong in healthcare?
- In your words, what is interoperability?
- Looking ahead a year or two, what do you hope will be true about interoperability?
To learn more about Dr. Patel and Abacus Insights, listen now to Interoperability with Minal Patel, MD.