Chances are you know Geneia has a robust blog.
We’ve published more than 40 blogs this year, generating hundreds of thousands of visitors interested in social determinants of health (SDoH), quality performance, value-based care, interoperability, physician burnout and more.
Before I get to your 2020 favorites, I hope you’ll allow me to share some of mine:
1. Our blog to help physician practices, hospitals and health systems reverse COVID-driven, epic declines in patient care:
2. A blog about Geneia’s white paper that illustrates with examples how a phased approach to population health management helps organizations and their people thrive while transitioning to value-based care:
3. A piece by Shelley Riser, our vice president of consulting services and clinical innovations, honoring nurses, including the ones who work for Geneia:
For healthcare organizations struggling with provider adoption and engagement, a blog I recommend is Lessons Learned: Eight Ways to Improve Provider Adoption. I suspect this one was overshadowed by the COVID-19 pandemic. As you may recall, on March 25, we were all trying as quickly as possible to adjust to working and schooling from home not to mention worrying the health of aging parents and grandparents.
For our blog readers, four topics dominated the first half of 2020: artificial intelligence (AI), hospitals, quality performance and physician burnout.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Two blogs about analytic models created by the Geneia Data Intelligence Lab made the top 15 list:
One of most widely read blogs in the second quarter is about Geneia’s shared services for rural and independent hospitals. Through this model, we’re bringing smaller and mid-sized hospitals the outreach, engagement and referral services they need to preserve revenue and find key opportunities for new revenue.
Other popular hospital blogs are:
- 10 Ways Small Hospitals Can Realize Value from an Analytics and Reporting Solution
- 5 Steps to Capture SDoH Data for Hospitals and Health Systems
- How Tom uses analytics and reporting to reduce readmissions
Two of our blogs to help health plans and providers improve HEDIS® and quality performance made the top 15 list:
- Three strategies for health plans to take control of quality performance
- How to engage providers for HEDIS® success in 2020
Long time Geneia blog readers know I’m passionate about fixing physician burnout. Over the years, we created the Physician Misery Index to help galvanize the healthcare industry to restore the joy of medicine to practicing physicians. More recently, we have been focused on sharing ways employers of physicians can address physician burnout by publishing physician research and blogs like Get serious about physician burnout: Seven solutions.
Rounding out the top 15 blogs of 2020 are: