Physicians, Clinicians, and Healthcare Leaders:
We need you to join the conversation to bring back the #JoyofMedicine.
A Geneia survey found that the nationwide Physician Misery Index is 3.7 out of 5, indicating high levels of physician dissatisfaction and a need for healthcare leaders to work together to restore the Joy of Medicine.
In 2015, Geneia challenged physicians and medical students to share their ideas for improving physician satisfaction, and a panel of physician judges chose Hashim Zaidi, MD.
Watch the highlights of Joy of Medicine Challenge or the full event video.
HIGHLIGHTS FULL EVENT VIDEO
- Christine Sinsky, MD, FACP, vice president, professional satisfaction, American Medical Association, Medical Associates Clinic and Health Plans, Dubuque, IA, the author of In Search of Joy in Practice; A Report of 23 High-Functioning Primary Care Practices, and the architect of the AMA’s practice transformation program, STEPSForward.
- Rafael J. Grossmann, MD, FACS, the world’s first surgeon to use Google Glass during live surgery.
- Elizabeth Boham, MD, MS, RD, chief medical officer of the Ultrawellness Center, and one of the most satisfied physicians as measured by the Physician Misery Index.
- Wen Dombrowski, MD, MBA, geriatrics physician executive, HIMSS16 Social Media Ambassador, and member of the HIMSS Physician Committee.
- Steven Stack, MD, then president of the American Medical Association.