How hospitals can address the financial impact of COVID
November 12, 2020
Boston, MA – Geneia, a healthcare analytic solutions and services company that is simplifying the transition to value-based care, announces its president and CEO Heather Lavoie will moderate a live November 12th webinar, How Hospitals Can Address the Financial Impact of COVID - Using a Value-Based Strategy for Margin Enhancement. She will be joined by:
- Jordan Asher, MD, MS, Senior Vice President and Chief Physician Executive, Sentara Healthcare
- Nathan Riggle, MBA, Division Director of Analytics, Population Health Services Administration Office, MercyOne
- Frank Shipp, FACHE, MBA, Executive Director, Clinically Integrated Network & Population Health, Valley Health System
- Jason Mitchell, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Presbyterian Healthcare Services
With most hospitals across the country operating at year-to-date margins significantly below viable levels – even with the return of elective procedures over the summer – organizations must find ways to stabilize and regain revenue. In this discussion, Lavoie and the panelists will examine a variety of strategies that can be used to truly understand the current and future drivers of quality, cost, and revenue. They will share ways to ensure hospitals, health systems, and their physician partners can get upstream of negative costs and health outcomes, stabilize existing sources of revenue, identify new revenue opportunities, leverage existing data sources to drive quality care, and build a foundation for value-based care.
“Shoring up hospital finances during the COVID-19 pandemic will require flexible, data-driven strategies to pinpoint areas of strength and address areas of weakness,” said Lavoie. “Hospitals must take stock of existing data and technology resources and learn to use them in new ways to better understand current and future drivers of quality, cost and revenue.”
The live webinar will take place November 12, 2020, 1:00 – 2:00 PM Eastern. To register, visit: https://www.worldcongress.com/events/EH20055/.
Geneia recently published a white paper, Stop the Hemorrhage: Three Ways Hospitals Can Stabilize & Regain Revenue. To download the white paper, click here.
To view Geneia’s resources for healthcare organizations navigating post-pandemic care, visit:
- Restarting regular care: Nine ways to get patients back to the office
- Hospitals and providers: Five post-pandemic financial strategies
- It’s high time hospitals and health systems opened the digital front door
- Post-pandemic: Seven ways health plans can help providers and members
Geneia LLC is a healthcare analytics and services company. We work to improve collaboration between healthcare providers, health plans and employers to better support personalized, patient-centered care. Through advanced technology, education and training, insights and clinical services, we help clients better identify and actively manage high-risk populations, improve quality measurement and outcomes, and strengthen revenue. Rooted in deep clinical experience and leading-edge data science, our client-centric, phased approach to population health simplifies the transition to risk and value-based care. Our offices are located in Harrisburg, PA and Manchester, NH. To learn more, visit Geneia.com (https://www.geneia.com) or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.