Geneia’s Theon® Platform Helps Health Plan Reduce Claims Costs by Two Percent
July 13, 2016
Harrisburg, PA – Geneia, is hosting a webinar on July 27 at 2:00 pm Eastern to review the case study results and discuss how health plans can get started with analytics and ultimately achieve true population health. The webinar features Geneia Chief Strategy Officer Heather Lavoie and Capital Blue Cross Chief Medical Officer Jennifer Chambers, MD.
Geneia is an analytics and technology leader in transforming healthcare delivery, revealed the success a regional health plan has had using its Theon® advanced analytics platform. Among the most significant achievements, the health plan:
- Improved outcomes and member satisfaction within its accountable care arrangements and risk-sharing contracts, Key metrics:
- Reduction in inpatient admissions by 7.2 percent
- Readmissions by 14.8 percent for Medicare plan customers
- Emergency department visits by more than 8 percent for employer group and Medicare plan customers, and
- At the same time exceeding the regional average for Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) measures for some of the leading chronic diseases.
- Realized approximately a two percent reduction in claims expense as the result of leveraging the Theon® platform to take a holistic approach to population health management beyond its accountable care arrangements, and
- Saved millions by sun-setting legacy software and support contracts.
Geneia LLC is a healthcare analytics and services company. We work to improve collaboration between healthcare providers, health plans and employers to better support personalized, patient-centered care. Through advanced technology, education and training, insights and clinical services, we help clients better identify and actively manage high-risk populations, improve quality measurement and outcomes, and strengthen revenue. Rooted in deep clinical experience and leading-edge data science, our client-centric, phased approach to population health simplifies the transition to risk and value-based care. Our offices are located in Harrisburg, PA and Manchester, NH. To learn more, visit Geneia.com (https://www.geneia.com) or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.