World Congress: Using analytics to personalize member engagement
June 28, 2021
Boston, MA – Geneia, a data science and healthcare analytics company that helps healthcare providers and health plans deliver personalized care, announces its senior product portfolio manager, Meredith Rutala Williams, will join a panel of leaders to discuss the health plan member engagement dilemma. The World Congress virtual session, Break Through the Member Engagement Barrier with AI and Innovative Advocacy Models, takes place at 1:00 pm on June 28, and features:
- Kate Duncan, Health Care Service Corporation, Director, Product Solutions
- Laurie Evans, BlueCross Blue Shield Tennessee, Director, Decision Services
- Karen A. Way, MHA, Anthem, Inc., Staff Vice President, Enterprise Data Science Product
Health plans have long struggled to engage members. As noted in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Commercial Member Health Plan StudySM, 37 percent of members had no engagement with their health plan in the past year, down from 60 percent during the 12 months preceding the COVID-19 pandemic. ‘Nearly half (44 percent) of Pre-Boomers and Boomers report no engagement, the highest percentage of any generational group.’ The study also found overall member satisfaction rose 10 points year over year, driven in part by improvement in communication scores.
“As the J.D. Power study demonstrates, member contact and engagement lifts health plan member satisfaction,” said Williams. “Even more critical is personalized communication tailored to a member’s health needs and preferences, fueled by Geneia analytics.”
During the webinar, Williams and the other panelists will discuss:
- The innovative and differentiated strategies health plans are using to engage members in all risk tiers.
- Data-driven strategies to identify and stratify populations, conduct population analysis and utilize predictive models.
- How to optimize first point of contact engagement with member services, advocacy and navigation teams and conduct proactive outreach to escalate and prioritize cohorts of members that are higher risk
To register for the webinar click here.
Access Geneia member engagement resources:
- Member engagement: Putting analytics into action
- Next Generation Identification, Stratification and Engagement Improves Triple Aim
- How Health Plans Are Using a Phased Approach to Value-Based Care (see health plan example 3)
Geneia LLC is a data science and healthcare analytics company that helps healthcare providers and health plans provide personalized, patient-centered care. Clients use our AI-driven data models, cloud-based technology, and analytic insights to identify and engage the right populations with the right care, improving cost, quality and health outcomes. Rooted in deep clinical and healthcare experience and leading-edge data science, our client-centric, phased approach to population health simplifies the transition to risk and value-based care. Our commitment to helping healthcare organizations improve earned an early high score and rating in the KLAS Value-Based Care Managed Services segment. Our offices are located in Harrisburg, PA and Manchester, NH. To learn more, visit Geneia.com (https://www.geneia.com) or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.