World Congress: How health plans support their value-based provider partners
September 30, 2021
Boston, MA – Geneia, a data science and healthcare analytics company that helps healthcare providers and health plans deliver personalized care, announces its senior clinical transformation consultant, Mackenzie DeBoer, and a panel of leaders will discuss how health plans are using data and analytics to support their value-based provider partners. The World Congress virtual session, How Plans are Supporting Provider Partners to Achieve Value-Based Care Goals, takes place at 1:00 pm Eastern on September 30, and features:
- Amy Pearlman, MSW, LICSW, Beacon Health Options (Anthem), Vice President, Clinical Provider Strategy
- Melinda Walters, MHA, CPC, Independent Health, Director, Provider Network
Providers have struggled during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to records levels of physician burnout, providers are reporting:
- An unprecedented drop in service volume during the pandemic led to staggering financial losses, slimmer operating margins,
- A lack of clear line-of-sight into revenue opportunities,
- A lack of timely and actionable information to respond to quality and coding performance opportunities, and
- The absence of a centralized way to identify, prioritize and outreach to patients with the greatest opportunity for impact.
“There’s much more that health plans can do to ensure their value-based provider partners succeed,” said DeBoer. “The savviest health plans are helping providers target and outreach to the high-risk, high-priority members such as those with the most care gaps connected to a chronic illness diagnosis.”
During the webinar, DeBoer and the other panelists will discuss how health plans are assisting their provider partners – including providing accurate, actionable, and real-time data and insights – to drive performance on value-based care goals. Panelists will:
- Explore how to better share data surrounding utilization, costs, and quality to achieve better health outcomes and value-based care goals.
- Outline what data is most valuable to providers to risk stratify their populations in order to identify different cohorts of patients that would benefit from appropriate resources such as chronic condition and care management support.
- Discuss ways technology can enable effective and efficient engagement with providers, and deliver valuable data and insights to them regularly and often.
- Hear examples from successful payer-provider value-based relationships to gain practical insights into what works and what does not.
To register for the webinar click here.
Access Geneia provider resources:
- Blog: Post-pandemic: 6 ways health plans can help providers, members
- Case Study: Identifying and activating the right patients drives value-based care success
- White Paper: Stop the Hemorrhage: Three ways hospitals can stabilize and regain revenue
Geneia LLC is a data science and healthcare analytics company that helps healthcare providers and health plans provide personalized, patient-centered care. Clients use our AI-driven data models, cloud-based technology, and analytic insights to identify and engage the right populations with the right care, improving cost, quality and health outcomes. Rooted in deep clinical and healthcare experience and leading-edge data science, our client-centric, phased approach to population health simplifies the transition to risk and value-based care. Our commitment to helping healthcare organizations improve earned an early high score and rating in the KLAS Value-Based Care Managed Services segment. Our offices are located in Harrisburg, PA and Manchester, NH. To learn more, visit Geneia.com (https://www.geneia.com) or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.